How Native Mobile apps and Progressive Web Apps are Developed?
Mobile Apps have found their place in every industry, right from Gaming, Media to restaurants, you name it. Because Apps definitely are making it easier for people to run their daily chores comfortably. But what drives these Apps in the background? How do they run smoothly in our Mobile Devices?
They are the Programming languages which successfully help the developers to create a creamy App according to the taste of the customers.
So lets see them based on the categories of Mobile Apps.
We all know Native Apps are developed for a Specific OS platform. Maybe for Android, Apple, Blackberry or Windows Phones. We shall see them according to each Native Platform.
Was the first programming language chosen by Apple to develop their iOS Apps. The Main reason is due to its trait of being a strict superset of C language. That is you can run a Objective C language the same way you run a C language however the difference is Objective C allows you to define Data and also perform their functions. Therefore you can add creative elements like 3D visuals, graphics to make your App visually appealing.
But in order to develop an app for Apple using Objective C, you need to master C language. Because C teaches you the basics to implement the knowledge in Objective C. Also the programming language was used in their own Macintosh line of personal computers, apart from their iOS apps.
Is another powerful programming language introduced by Apple Inc. The reason for its development from the ground level is to replace Objective C because Programmers felt the Objective C program is not on par with the quality of the iPhone. That is, the program took longer running times which was not suitable to their Product. Also it is designed to be compatible with Apple’s APIs(Cocoa and Cocoa Touch). Experts at Apple Inc have said that Swift is going to remain as one of the most paramount or sought after languages for the next coming years.
Java and c++ are the commonly used programming languages for Android devices. C++ is the one which gives speed in games and Java is mostly for building UI features and Android programming.
Java is one of the most chosen languages to develop Android Apps. It is a simple Object Oriented Programming language known to many developers. Apart from the previous reason, it has good support from Tech Giant Google and most of the apps in Google play store are Java-built.
And Java is Platform Independent. You can port the code in different Operating Systems and make it run without much effort. Yes, it can also be used to create Cross-platform apps i.e Hybrid Apps. Also the known advantages of using Java are it gives high performance, complete security of your program because it uses its own run-time environment without any interaction with the system OS.
Kotlin is a recently introduced Static typed Programming language to develop multi platform apps. I.e Native Apps, Android Apps and also Web Apps. To use this newest release to develop Android apps, you need to run the code in Java Virtual Machine which will make it work exactly like a Java program.
The very important advantages of using Kotlin are that
1) It’s completely interoperable with the Java language. That is Kotlin can make use of Android libraries or both of the languages can exist in a single programm. This highly reduces the work of writing an entire Kotlin programm or translating Java to Kotlin.
2) If you are an expert in Java who know the intricacies of the language then learning Kotlin musn’t be that hard for you. Both the languages are similar and easy to understand.
3) The performance is no less when compared to Java since both of them share a similar bytecode structure.
4) Also Kotlin is completely compatible with Java Development Kit and thus you can use the language in Android Studio. Therefore eventually allowing you to use the language to build Android apps to launch them even in the previous Android devices.
Kotlin has many other advantages which supports your app development dream. So it is now the time to make you acquainted with this new course.
C++ is also an another programming language used to develop Android Apps. But sometimes the Native Development Kit is not as efficient as SDK since it doesn’t support all API frameworks. Thus targeting the native layer is not completely possible using NDK. Therefore preferring Java over C++ will be a better option.
If you know the language and want to develop an Android App using C# then you need to shift your focus On Xamarin. Xamarin is a Cross Platform Software which allows you to use C# and Xamarin Studio to develop native iOS, Android and Windows Apps. The main theme is that you can use a single language to target all the Native platforms.
Windows phone uses C#. Though Windows phone is outdated and out of market, they were once the best bet in Windows World. Microsoft came up with C# language to develop strong applications to run on .NET framework.
Progressive Web Apps Programming Language:
It is the current go-to option of many front-end website developers, as it gives the layout and core of a website. It is now popularly in use for the following reasons.
- The declaration type is very simple.
- Character declaration is also simple.
- With this current version, both Audio and video content in your website is possible.
- Scalable Vector Graphics(SVG) ie Graphics Animations are possible in html5 and they require far less data. This is possible because developers use mathematical formulas to create SVG graphics. These images are flexible and are adjustable according to the formulas.
- It helps the developers to get the exact geo-location of the users as the API in html5 supports it.
- Websites created using Html5 are supported by almost all browsers in Android OS.